It's four days into August, and I am finally getting unpacked and the store back up. I spent quite a bit of time working to update old listings tonight, with new shipping updates and corrected descriptions. I hope to have the shop reopen on Monday, August 7.
I have also been able to take some time to cut some of the new fabric I had purchased before I moved. I found some fantastic multicolor chirimen, named bell flower. It has lovely shades of purple, indigo, blue, and grey. The white is always a good offset to use less of the super expensive print fabric and still give a positive dramatic effect. I still have plans for a bira bira but I can not seem to locate my metal shears for cutting the aluminum dangles.
Also in the works, I have plans for more ornaments. The holiday ornament section is back, but very bare. I am hoping to sell quite a few and use the money as donation to the Demiti Conde GoFundMe. He is in remission but his lowered immune system keeps landing him back in the hospital.
However I have my own plans. I am still going to sell kanzashi for myself, and use those funds to get a new kimono from Ohio Kimono. I am planning a photo shoot with real models, and I need a few more pieces for variety: a couple of obiage and an obi to match my autumn themed komon. I also want a new juban and a couple more korin clips, and obi clips, and white collars. Lots of little things. All so I can have multiple usable sets of kimono for this photo shoot.
My Japanese silk embroidery has taken a back seat unfortunately. My fabric began to pucker under a place I had recently stitched, which means my frame is set incorrectly. I need to tighten the fabric again, but have been hesitant to do so without instruction.