Wednesday, October 29, 2014

New Ornaments!


So these are the ornaments I finished this weekend and uploaded, except one of them sold the next day! She's a regular of mine, and I was very happy to see she liked one of the latest batch.  Though the Holly and Poinsettia are really my favorites.

I still have the orange finished and needs to be photographed.

I have managed to finish the purple grouping of 7 blossoms for the hydrangea bridge.  Slowly puttering along...

I have to say this has been a stressful month and I am glad to see it over, though the work is no where near complete. I still have a custom order to finish before Christmas, and a lot of satin kanzashi to make.  Should be interesting to see if I can get it completed in time, and up to my own standards.

Friday, October 24, 2014

Hydrangea Bridge Coming

As if I haven't had enough on my plate lately, with custom orders rolling in for the Halloween Costume season, I have begun a new project.  And now seemed like a good time since it always takes me MONTHS to get one of these truly finished.

Its a Hydrangea bridge, of green, purple, blue, and green (in that order), with leaves.  I planning a grouping of seven flowers each, except that I am not sure how many I will need for a proper grouping size, so its still a guess. 

The centers I have decided to change from my old style with the bell cap and pearl to a flower stamen grouping, a little more realistic.  And since some of the new brand of bell caps I have purchased have been RUSTING in storage, I either coat the heck out of them in glue to seal the metal, or just use something else, in this case, a pearl flower stamen.

Also I am still working ornaments, and have several I just haven't taken pictures of yet.  I am still waiting to get another 2 - 3 done before I wrap the ribbons on this batch and probably photograph and list them all at once. 

I still have a few custom orders in the background, and some family projects I do every year I have to complete.  And with my son home with me now most of the day time to work has been whittled down to a few minutes a day.

And the Wisteria is still sitting on my work desk, crying to be finished.  All it really needs is a nice butterfly and the hair fork attachment.  And a final thread wrapping once everything's attached.  *sigh. 

Monday, October 13, 2014

Too Busy!

Dark Lover's Quilted Ornaments
My first custom order for ornaments this season came through, and it took forever to complete them. I've been crazy busy, as you can see in the pictures below, most of this work was done in the last two weeks.  

The Butterflies are made with cherry party in blue, with shades of light and dark wisteria and light and dark denim blue. I had to do FOUR SETS, which means 8 butterflies in total.  I just got them glued to their bobby pins over the weekend, and they turned out really well.
Kiku with Leaf

 The kiku finally managed to get its leaf attached.  It is almost complete, I just have to attach the alligator clip.
Bright Pink and New Grass Green

The pink and green piece was another order I had roll through in the made to order listings.

New Events on the Docket:  Have to finish this huge custom order, including several satin pieces I need to remake. 

I also need to take an inventory of what colors I have in supply and re-do the made to order color selections.  I never added printed fabrics, and there are very few examples of what the colors actually are.  I also want to re-work my pricing guide. 

Look for new clearance items coming soon for the holiday season!