Wednesday, February 17, 2016

TZARTISAN Still Going, Store Updates, Personal Stuff

Bookmarks are finished!
I have about 50 or so that have tassels and another 30 or so without. Some were just too big to leave space for a tassel.  Next up is photos and listings, which will take some time. I plan on breaking them down by tassel color and the variant patterns therein. Each bookmark has a different pattern, even the ones cut from the same paper set. It's going to mean a lot of photos, and a lot of photoshop. 

I also finished the small side piece that's part of my big custom order.  It came out awesome! And i have learned to balance the weight with these things petty well. It's the same color scheme as the two bouquet pieces, but for some reason the colors come across much more vividly than in previous attempts at photography. 
Custom Hair Clip

I still have a few pieces to put finishing touches on, like that pink and white kiku and a more casual round petal kiku in two shades of denim blue. That one is getting a clip.I need to do more clips.

And with the sale of two hair stick flowers, it's more inventory that needs replacing.  But exposure is way up, and my Etsy site is racking up the hits. So i am not complaining about replacing inventory,  lol.  And I have a ton of fabric in stock to work with. Good times!

It looks like big blue beauty is going to be sold off for funding the tutorial book project. I'll give details on that when I have them. That's all part of the TZARTISAN team development and ideas being passed around.  I would love to see her go to a good home. I was going to keep her, but she's more of a cosplay piece.  I don't generally wear stuff with a bira bira. If I had to pick one to keep, I'd remake my wisteria piece. Without a doubt. If I ever find the time.... not that THAT is a bad thing. It's been a good kind of busy on this end. 

Especially in personal areas.  I've had a lot of struggles with my insurance, but several of my doctors are going out of their way to help me.  It has been a challenge, but I am getting the services I need.  And with those doctors, we have made several breakthroughs that will get me back on track to better health.  
Ok fine.  I'll just tell you.  I'm a Type 1 diabetic, with endometriosis, and bipolar disorder. I have a slight PTSD because of my 5 year old hyperactive autistic son I have to watch constantly.  My husband and daughter are both severely ADHD.  My life revolves around medical stuff. 
So why do kanzashi?
It's my passion, it gives me something to look forward to every day.  Custom orders keep me going in life.  I don't care about the money, I never really did.  It's nice, but I always spend it on more supplies, more books, more projects.  Or sometimes I help out a friend.  Or I fund a tutorial book, lol.  But kanzashi to me, is something not medical.  It is a beautiful creation of meticulous love.  It isn't counting carbohydrates, or taking injections, or having 10 different alarms on your phone for keeping track of blood glucose testing, pill reminders, injection reminders, it goes on and on.  
Kanzashi is my escape.  Making people happy, seeing praise for my work, it's all I need to let the rest slip away into the background. 

Don;t forget the Kickstarter!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment