Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Shop is CLOSED TILL AUGUST and Japanese Silk Embroidery Lessons!

SHOP IS NOW CLOSED TILL END OF JULY OR EARLY AUGUST!!!

I am currently moving and working on different projects, like Japanese Silk Embroidery!

After 4 years I have finally found a teacher! She knows her stuff, and since she formerly taught the children's class at the JEC (Japanese Embroidery Center, Atlanta, Georgia).  We went through a lot, and I have enough to finish the first half of the piece, with only the kiku and momiji left to have instruction.  I am almost finished with the first pine tree, the one in twisted silk.  The one in the background (to the left) is done in flat silk.  The cherry blossoms are twisted, and the ume are flat silk.  Each flower requires a different technique.  I can see why students take 5 years of intense study.  I don't know if I will ever be a master, but we shall see.

In the meantime I am learning to go slowly, keep my hands in place, and keep my stitches straight!

No comments:

Post a Comment