Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Tiara = U.S.S. FAILBOAT

That's right.
It's the failboat.
Cause the tiara is officially failed.









So I'm wrapping the wires right, not that the wrapping is actually sticking to the wire, and as it comes undone for the second time in a row, I am pulling it off to start over, AGAIN, and the freaking wire comes off the flower. The glue wasn't strong enough to hold it in place and now all the flowers for the tiara are compromised.  I am going to have to start over.  And I can't.  I just can't do it anymore.  This piece is making me never want to work a tiara again, and I can't let that happen.  It's just another setback due to inexperience.  But this is a two week minimum setback, putting the project technically back another month before shipping. And I just can't do that to my customer.  She has waited so patiently I just can't make her wait any more. 
Still no word from our fellow kanzashian.  Which hurts as well.
I'm taking a kanzashi break for the rest of October.  I need to focus on other things, other projects that have been left idle for too long.  Ornament balls are going to get a real push.  And origami.  I might even get to that Kanzashi How To section I never finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment