Saturday, December 14, 2013

Embroidery

I took some personal time this week to get some family things in order and to take a break after the Thanksgiving push.  I've been working crewel embroidery on some pillowcases, and I'm about half done.  I've also added a new book to the embroidery collection, a Helen M Stevens Embroidered Butterflies.  I love her designs in flat silk embroidery, they are a European fusion to Japanese flat silk embroidery. I own many of the books though I have not had the chance to try any of the instructional designs.  That will probably be next. 

I do have plans for a new kanzashi first.  I have a lovely black flecked with gold and red and green print, mixed with some pearl and red chirimen and gold accent she should be stunning in a double cherry blossom with some pearl stamen accents.


No comments:

Post a Comment