Monday, January 6, 2014

Back Up and Rolling

Not much news from the "new pieces" front.  I have actually been away for a while doing business-y things like taxes and accounting. 

Though I did manage to catch the eye of a very nice lady at Space City Con in Galveston, TX over the weekend.  I was sporting the pink and white cherry blossom double bouquet and she stopped and approched me about making a piece. I also wore the purple hydrangea on Saturday.  It rained on Sunday, so no kanzashi. 

But if there is one thing that place taught me, its that I need to start making enough pieces to get into a convention circuit. I also need to build a portfolio, a price breakdown, a standardized inventory, color grid for what I have in stock.  Etc, Etc, Etc. The list goes on and on.  But I think I could manage it with a lot of work.  Maybe a little help.

Kids go back to school tomorow, and after I get my house that looks like a tornado struck it in a direct hit kind of way, I will get back to kanzashi and photograph those pieces I have waiting.

My mother in law, whom I love to death, gave me a new book on chinese knotting, and all the supplies i could need to get started.  I suppose i will have to put it on the to do list this year, but who in heck knows when I will get around to it.

Though honestly, I'm just greatful to be done with ornaments for the next 6 to 9 months.

Ok, that's it for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment