Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Leaves Complete

Ok so the leaves are all finished.  Dark Green Tea chirimen with memory thread stems in the traditional Japanese style.  Fourteen in all.  So next up is thread wrapping the wires in my tea green color of 2ply nylon thread.  Then I will do something a bit different, and mount the leaves to the flowers before positioning them on the bridge frame.  With as many wires as I had on the white and gold bridge, thread wrapping the base is going to be a bear.  Hopefully I can cut down the wire bulk and make thread wrapping the frame much easier at the same time. 

It wasn't so long ago, about three years, that the land of my dreams was devastated by a tsunami of epic proportions.   Please keep the people of Japan in your hearts and minds this week while they mourn the loss of families and loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment