Thursday, May 8, 2014

Hard at Work


So as you can see, I am definitely hard at work.  The right hand picture is my work station. It takes up almost an entire 4'x4' card table.  The picture on the left below is some of what I have been working on.  I am going through all my colors that I have pre-cut. 
Each of those hair sticks takes about 30 minutes to make not including drying time.  There are actually 7 hair sticks in that cup, and I am only just fnished my pinks and reds.
And of course, all this is until my new floral stamens come in the mail, and I can start working the new satin brocade pieces.  All the material must be super starched - like 4-5 times with heavy starch till it is the consistancy of paper.  Then I cut it into 2.5 inch squares, since that is what size I use for my ornament balls.  Never waste anything!
Plus my hat problem may have resolved itself.  Since the new hats I got from my supplier were completely banged up and damaged and warped in storage (Believe me I was super mad), my husband the engineer took one apart for me and we reverse engineered the dimensions.  Hopefully it will come together quickly, I wanted to make a few for the burlesque show but I'm not certain I will get the chance with everything on my plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment