Thursday, December 4, 2014

Life Changes

It is a sad realiziation when you realize that you have overstepped your limits as a single individual. 

I had to close the custom orders and made to orders.  I couldn't do them anymore.  Believe it or not, this was a very difficult decsion to make, even to just close it for one month.  But it is indefinite right now.  I do not know if I will be able to open it back up in January as I had hoped.

I don't usually go into my personal life, but it is definitely interfering with my craft time. I have two children, one is ADHD, and the younger one is severely autistic.  We have always struggled with him, but now he is at the point I have to keep him home and take care of him, with the constant need for therapy, I am always watching him, taking him for whatever appointment that day, he is a huge burden, though I love him dearly. 

I also took on too many orders this year.  October nearly killed me.  November got worse at home.  We are doing major work on my house to keep my son from hurting himself on the furniture or climbing the walls (no really, he does that) on a constant basis.  I have no time for housecleaning except for at night, when all I want to do is relax and sleep.  So work is few and far between, ornaents I can at least work on from time to time in the car line picking up the older girl from school.  But I can generaly only manage 2 balls a week, when before I was working 2 a day.  But kanzashi is a time consuming sit down and focus craft.  It is not a put it down and come back to it craft.  It requires time and dedication, of which I just don't have much of any more. 

I'm worn thin, and believe me when I tell you that my children are not the least of my worries.  I am still recovering/dealing with several severe medical conditions. I am not realy going to go into that, because it is nothing I am going to die from.....immediately.  But it does wear me out and until I can get that part of my life under control again, I am just going to have to lessen my work load. 

I am still wondering about a site change over.  that may not happen.  I cant get my web developer person to fix what i need fixed and I think he has gone MIA.  So until i have the time to sit down and figure it out (yeah right) or find a new web developer (more likely), the change over isnt happening any time soon.

I will sign off with a picture of the last three ornaments I made for my last custom order.

She's a wonderful customer, and I am glad I could get her work done, even though I was late on it.  She asked me to do this set to match one she bought previously.  It ended up being three since I can't find this pattern satin brocade fabric anymore.  I managed to find something of similar color but diferent pattern.  Just going to have to see how it works out. 

Meanwhile I am still making ornaments, but right now I have a huge about of new fabrics to process (that means cut and organize).  I will try to keep everyone updated on my status, but so far I am still in recovery mode. 

No comments:

Post a Comment