|Big Blue Beauty|
I finished the Big Blue Beauty, and as she has been named. I found a fine braided cord I could wrap around a 18 gauge wire and glue in place to create the effect of the foil wrapped wire I had previously been using. Yay! I found something that works!
So the double bouquet of sakura set is having several setbacks. My fabric order came in, and it is a novel day. The first time in 5 years I have been using this supplier that they have gotten my order wrong. And of course, one of the colors missing from the order was-.....baby pink. I have a precut pack on hand but those are small and I will need more to complete this large set. Not only that, but after laying out the colors for the customer she decided the green was wrong and asked instead for the yellow-green. Which, of course, I am almost completely out of. So that means another order, and another week. I have enough to get started at least, and I have enough other projects to keep me busy while I wait, if it comes to that.
Today I was given the kickstarter banner for the facebook page and the blog. For more info, please, please, PLEASE visit Tsumami Zaiku Kickstarter and sign up. Web page launches February 3rd.
This will be, the first ever English Language glue technique kanzashi guide, with contributions from artisans from around the world. I can tell you I have personally included my bira bira tutorial! We are tying to raise the funds for printing and the publishing of an ebook!
She's going to have to be put on hold though, until I can get some work completed on my custom order. I've got 14 blossom, 4 leaves, 2 bira bira's and lots of thread wrapping to do.
I also have a few sewing projects to do, like building new laundry hampers for my kids. I just got a 1/4 inch bias tape foot, it looks super nifty to work with. I didn't even know they made such a thing. Apparently so.