Friday, May 20, 2016

Kanzashi Updates and New Inventory Work Coming Soon

I am still working on this piece, but this gives you a pretty good idea of the final product.  I ended up having to scrap the shidare that the customer didn't want and replace it, so I had an extra laying around.  So I quickly made this bouquet of 2 large baby/coral pink pieces, and lots of small blossoms and smaller flower varieties.  I am still working down the thread wrapping, and still have to build my new style of shidare frame and wrap that in before mounting.  Almost finished.  :)


And after that, I am probably setting chirimen aside for a while.  I still have other projects to complete, like the obijime (which is now about 4 ft long!) and my pine needle kanzashi.

And after ALL THAT is complete, I am whipping out my SEWING MACHINE.

You heard it.  I have all kinds of plans.  Recycled kimono, obi, and some silk fabrics that I have been stashing away for this occasion.  I am looking at hair accessories, plain and with flowers, purses, bags, dresses, skirts, blouses, you name it.  I've pulled out all my sewing books.  I need to do a few alterations to some of my favorite skirts (pockets!!!) and I am going to make a few of my own clothing pieces.  But with my kiddos going to school full time I will have uninterrupted time to learn and practice.  Not to mention time to go to the gym so I don't feel like crap all the time (a must since I am Type 1 Diabetic).  But I never got into sewing because I never had a dress form to work with.  Now I have a beautiful dress form! It's even red!

I haven't been able to do much else the past few days.  Endometriosis has been kicking my butt. It's also been kicking my emotions around, so I haven't been in the mood for working. Especially after the debacle of my last custom order.  I am kinda upset I haven't sold any bookmarks or anything.  I just hope I can do something neat and different and beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment