Monday, June 27, 2016

Why Can't People Just Be Nice??

It's been a trying and emotional time the past few weeks and I have not had much time to keep up with the store or making any crafts.

I received a personal attack from another kanzashi artisan from china, accusing me of stealing her style of kanzashi and copying her pieces.  Not only was she rude and accusatory, she made me realy question whether or not I should continue making pieces.  I already started that pink and purple with print one and have the shidare petaled but not assembled.  I'm almost exactly in the middle of creating this piece, and she threw this at me.  I was devastated. I was hurt.  And frankly it pissed me off.

I'll have you know I am going to make the piece no matter what she does. And if Etsy declares to shut down my store, then let them.  I'll take it to storenvy.  Because I do not "copy" other people's pieces.  My materials, my work is my own.  They may be similar but no artisan actually makes the same piece.  They are all different and unique because each artisan is unique. At no time is an artisan allowed to lash out at another artist or artisan. It's rude and unprofessional.

Then I started the week long trek into hell for my husband's grandfather's memorial service.  Which was lovely, but after over 24 hours of driving time in a week, I am exhausted.  I am emotionally shot, and I am weary.  It's written all over my face.  And the photo shoot is this Saturday.  I haven't even fitted the kimono, and I have a photo shoot to do.  Nor have I finished making the pine needle kanzashi.  I haven't touched it. Ugh.

I did some shopping on my personal vacay before this all went down.  Picked up some neat fabrics for more headbands and a few other things.  I am still waiting on my flower stamens from Thailand.  It's been over a month now, and I am starting to worry.  We shall see if it comes in the next few weeks.

I also picked up a few more sewing books, including a few of ben's grandmother's books on crafting dolls and other things.  It sounded like fun.  She had a lot of needle point but I am just not into grids, lol.  I need more freedom than that.

I also picked up a cute little game on Steam game engine, it's a hirigana RPG game to teach you the fundamental sof hirigana characters in Japanese.  It's super cute, and I admit I am hooked.  It's just plain constructive fun, and I hate feeling like I am wasting my time on something when nothing comes from it.  I love RPGs though, and this one is just me wrapped up in a game engine.

 That's the updates for now.  I am taking the next week to recover and prepare for the upcoming photo shoot on Saturday.  Then I am getting back to kanzashi.

No comments:

Post a Comment