Wednesday, September 7, 2016

No News Means I'm Still Working

I wasn't planning on it, but I am still working quite a bit this week and did a lot the week past.

I sent off my package to the TZArtisan Store.   Keep an eye out for a few recycled pieces, that white comb and fork I did, plus some new hair stick/hair pin sets. I also sent over several bookmarks, hair bands, and ornaments.

I am getting rid of the ornaments.  Soon they will go into clearance for the home decor and after Christmas, the holiday ones will go into clearance as well.

I have started mapping out a new website front end for Etsy.  I'm not using "Pattern" like they suggest, I am using Muse from Adobe to construct this bad boy.  I am pretty excited and think I have a good handle on it from hours of watching video tutorials.  I will go ahead and purchase the Muse package as soon as my Lupron fiasco is handled.

Speaking of which, started that yesterday. So October 6th or so, I will reopen the store.

 Meanwhile I have been working Temari!!!!  I just put the final section of purple in to an interwoven double-sided kiku on a silver-grey mari, and am about to start the final parts of silver detailing.  I might put in an octagon on the top and bottom poles as well in different shades of white to lavender to purple to match the kiku.
This one isn't going in the store, but to one of my good friends.  I didn't expect it to turn out so well, especially since I had to rip out stitches multiple times.  But it really is a beauty. And kikus are my favorite.

I do want to do another for the shop though.  And that will come closer to after Lupron.  Temari are intricate, meticulously precise work.  A properly measured grid is crucial.  And the first few rounds are generally pretty confusing.  But once you can see the pattern with your eyes, and the threads start layering properly, it goes pretty quickly.

I still have a bunch of headbands to finish before I can use the table my sewing machine is on for taking shop photos.  Most of them are for my daughter's shop, but I still have 5 or 6 left for the shop to complete.

I have a 2 page list of things I need to do this month, like kanzashi repairs and websites.  So even though I probably won't be posting much, I'm still working. 


No comments:

Post a Comment