But I cut it and it is just a lovely tie-dye looking mix of light blues and bright greens, deep pinks and orange and yellow. I absolutely love the way this piece is coming out, and you can see why below.
Most of the colors came out a little too vibrant when all put together, so I cut the brightness a bit with some pearl colored chirimen. The shidare below is not complete, but it is the design I have finished thus far. I have decided to not wrap the wires on this one, and even used the old reliable heavy 22 gauge. I really want to try a 24, but that will require a trip to the hobby shop. I have not wired or built the frame for the shidare, that is still to come.
Next week I will be catching up on paperwork and doing business things like inventory of supplies (which honestly I have never done) and prepping my documents and receipts for expenses.
I am also meeting with my fellow kanzashi artist, Friday. Should be lots of fun, and I am very much looking forward to it. I should have a new post this weekend about how that went and new pics of the final piece.