Sunday, March 23, 2014

Temari Fun!

Temari adventures are back in full swing.  I have already completed this ball, in a kiku design and a wrapped green obi.  The purple on purple final effect didn't go as well as I had hoped.  I will take some pictures as soon as I finish the other temari I am working on.  Its a rose pink base with gold guidelines with an interlocking diamond pattern.

I also went shopping (with coupons of course) and picked up some higher quality serger thread spools in fuchsia, teal, deep grey, and a light grey-blue. For the teal I grabbed a special light aqua, teal, and white variegated perle thread that I am very excited about using.  The grey is an old standard, it tends to make bright colors really pop.  Not so sure about the light blue grey, I was thinking a yellow and variegated blue with maybe some navy, or for another direction pale green.  I have lots of pink in mind for the fuchsia, a rose garden probably, with deep green leaves.

If you have an interest in Temari, I strongly suggest you visit the Temarikai website!  There is a listing of patterns and designs to learn from without buying costly books. 

I will have more on Temari in the coming weeks, but there is a two fold reason why I am making these.  I have them listed as an item in my shop, yet I haven't made any in a while.  I am drawing up business postcards instead of just business cards, and I want the temari to be pictured on the card.  Which means I have to make some to take pictures of to put on the card.  Hopefully to be printed and have in hand to pass out at AKON in Dallas this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment