Thursday, August 6, 2015

Three New Pieces

Things are still going well so far, I finished another three pieces in 3-4 days.  Manic much?

I really like the green one best.  The pink ones are polar opposites so they could be used as a set or purchased as a stand alone.  It's just something about green on white that I just love.

I have just enough of that green waves pattern left to do a chrysanthemum, so I will. But I'm not sure how to plan it out.  Pointed leaf is much easier to swirl because you work from the top and move down.  But to move from the bottom and go up is much more complicated for me.  I am still planning it out, but it will be two sides of white, one of the kelly green, and another of the wavy pattern.  Heck, maybe I even have a nice center to finish it with somewhere around here, lol.

These are finished with the new hair forks as well.  I am going to have to use only lightweight 22g brass wire for mounting. It's the only thing strong and yet flexible enough to hold up a base without it jiggling all over the place.  I don't know how well it will hold a large kiku, that could be a real problem.  I want to make a few more big pieces before I am done with my drive.  Probably another like the one I sold so quickly with the leaves and buds and such, and another bouquet.  Truthfully, my store is lacking many simple blossom sets.  I know I need to add those in, too, and I need to get off the double cherryblossom kick. I think these are the last of this style I will make for a while without a custom order request.  WHICH IS STILL OPEN BY THE WAY......HINT!

My friend Elizabeth Comer will be going into surgery soon to remove the cancerous nodes around her thyroid. I am hoping to at least raise $500 by then.  10% of the total we need.  It would be nice to send her a check. We are at $225 now.  So not much further to go.  But I haven't had a sale in months, so I don't know what else to do except scrape, beg, and push as hard as possible.  And beg.  And advertize.  And mention it over and over and over until people are sick of hearing of it and just send me money to shut me up.  That works, too.  LOL!



No comments:

Post a Comment