Saturday, October 3, 2015

Custom order details.

So this is what I have so far....
It's obviously a double sakura, with china red outer layer and gold flecked black on the inner layer. What I DIDN'T realize when I ordered the gold flecked black is that it came as two tones, black and grey.  Woot. :( 

Honestly the gold hardly shows up at all and the grey adds some dimention but its really the wrong color.  I tried to hide it as much as possible, but I could only do so much with the larger petals.

The red stamens were a great addition, and really keeps to the darker tones of the piece. I only have pearl as my other option, and didn't want to add another color to the piece. 

Next up is shidare and mounting on a 3 inch hair fork, as requested.  I'm going with a red wrapping, it shows less glue than the black thread. I still also have a leaf piece to add, which the base is prepped and ready for petals.

THEN i still have another major project in the back ground.  It;s huge for me, and I am going to be investing a lot of time into it. I will probably shut down custom orders for a while until my part is completed. 

And in my free time, HA! The sister kanzashi remake still awaits......

Plus I am remaking the mermaid's jewel ornament.

I swear I do this all to myself. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment